High End Hand Held Plasma Cutting
The Powermax105® plasma system has the duty cycle and performance needed for tough industrial cutting and gouging jobs. Delivering superior cut capabilities on 32 mm (1-1/4″) thick metals, it also offers the latest technological innovations, such as Smart Sense™ technology to automatically adjust the gas pressure. Seven Duramax™ torch styles provide versatility for hand cutting, portable automation, X-Y table cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging.
- Finish jobs faster with cut speeds one and a half times greater than oxyfuel on 12 mm (1/2”) mild steel
- Superior cut and gouge quality let you spend less time on grinding and edge preparation
- Multiple, easy-to-use torch styles let you tackle a wide variety of jobs using the same system
Easy-to-use for cutting and gouging
- No need to change the air pressure – Smart Sense™ technology ensures that it is always correctly set
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch
- Drag cut at full output with a patented shield that reduces dross buildup for smoother cutting
Rugged and reliable
- Hypertherm Certified™ reliability ensures peak performance even in the harshest environments
- Duramax™ torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance
The Powermax105 heavy duty performance ideal for
- Mechanical contractors
- Metal fabricators
- Pipe & pipelines
- Steel service centers
- Bevel cutting
- Extended reach cutting
- Fine feature cutting
|Input voltages||CSA||200-600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|CE||400 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
200-400 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
|CCC||380 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input current @ 21.9 kW||200/208/240/380/400/480/600 V, 58/56/49/28/25/22 A|
|Output current||30 – 105 A|
|Rated output voltage||160 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||80% @ 105 A|
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||
|Dimensions with handles||592 mm D; 274 mm W; 508 mm H (23.3″ D; 10.8″ W; 20.0″ H)|
|Weight with 7.6 m (25′) torch||
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 217 l/min (460 scfh) @5.9 bar (85 psi)
Gouging: 227 l/min (480 scfh) @4.8 bar (70 psi)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10′) *|
|Power supply type||Inverter – IGBT|
|Engine drive requirement||30 kW for full 105 A output|
|Certifications||CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China.
CE, C-Tick, CU/GOST, Ukr, and Serbian — for use in Europe, Australia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, and other countries where accepted.
CCC for use in China.
|Warranty||Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty.|
|Engine drive rating||System output current||Performance (arc stretch)|
|30 kW||105 A||Full|
|22.5 kW||105 A||Limited|
|22.5 kW||85 A||Full|
|15 kW||85 A||Limited|
|15 kW||65 A||Limited|
|Recommended||32 mm (1-1/4”)||500 mm/min (20 ipm)|
|38 mm (1-1/2”)||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||50 mm (2”)||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce *||22 mm (7/8”)|
|Capacity||Metal removal rate||Groove profile|
|Typical gouge||9,8 kg/hr
|6,4 mm D x 7,4 mm W
(0.25” D x 0.29” W)
|Material||Thickness||Current||Production cut speed *|
*Production cut speeds are the result of Hypertherm’s laboratory testing.
Production speeds are approximately 80% of maximum.
For optimum cut quality, cutting speeds may vary based on different cutting applications.
Refer to the operator manual for more details.